The following steps will be used by faculty/staff members, divisions, and units of the College when determining and reporting substantive change:
- Directors, Division Chairs, Deans, etc., considering a change such as those identified in the bulleted list above must notify the Accreditation Liaison immediately of the proposed change for further guidance. If the Accreditation Liaison becomes aware of a potential change through other avenues, the Accreditation Liaison will immediately follow-up with the faculty/staff, division, or unit involved to obtain more information and provide guidance related to the next steps.
- Directors, Division Chairs, Deans, etc., will be directed to complete the BSCC Substantive Change Implementation Checklist (Appendix S) to assist the Accreditation Liaison in determining the proper course of action related to the potential change.
- The Accreditation Liaison will determine if the proposed change fits the definition of a substantive change as outlined in the SACSCOC substantive change policy and if required, consult with the College’s SACSCOC Vice-President or the SACSCOC Director of Substantive Change. If any changes are considered substantive, the Accreditation Liaison will determine the specific procedure (1,2,3) for reporting the change to the SACSCOC and notifies the appropriate faculty / staff member, division, or unit of the College.
- The Accreditation Liaison will work with the faculty / staff member, division, or unit involved to gather the data and documentation necessary to complete the specific procedure (1,2,3) as required by the SACSCOC. If a prospectus is required, the Accreditation Liaison will work with appropriate parties to meet the submission deadline of January 1 for fall implementation or July 1 for spring implementation.
- The BSCC Substantive Change Implementation Checklist must be routed and approved by the College-wide Curriculum Committee if modifying a program or adding a new program, the College-wide Divisional Dean, and the appropriate President’s Cabinet member before submission to the Accreditation Liaison for review.
- The Accreditation Liaison will work with the President’s Office for final approval and to notify the Commission in writing of the proposed change by the method identified in the SACSCOC Substantive Change policy.