The College is responsible for the payment of purchases made only through the approved purchase procedures. The following procedures are followed for the acquisition of all materials, supplies, equipment, repair, rent, services, and other obligations of the institution.
- When making purchases, each institution shall refer to the Alabama Competitive Bid law to ensure that all legal requirements are met in the purchase process.
- All personal property acquisitions estimated to exceed $500,000 shall be submitted to the Board of Trustees for approval. The Chancellor shall be authorized to approve unforeseen increases in cost not to exceed ten (10) percent of the Board-approved purchase amount.
- It shall be a breach of ethical standards for any employee who is involved in purchasing to become or be, while such an employee, the employee of any party contracting with the particular governmental body in which the employee is employed.
- Institutions under the direction and control of the Board of Trustees must make every effort to afford equal access and opportunities to minority professionals and businesses.
- The department making the request is responsible for verifying that funds are available in the appropriate budget unit. Budget transfers can be done online logging into OneACCS. Click Finance > My Finance > My Queries. Additional information on creating a requisition can be found in the All Users Teams folder. Contact the Director of Accounting and Finance to be added to this folder if you do not have access.
- All purchase requests shall be processed through the online requisition system. Theonline requisition system is accessed through OneACCS. Inside OneACCS click Finance then find and click on the My Finance tab, then finally click My Requisitions to create. Additional information on creating a requisition can be found in the All Users Teams folder. Contact the Director of Accounting and Finance to be added to this folder if you do not have access.
- After the purchase requisition has been processed through the purchasing system, the approved POs are only sent to the vendor via fax if requested., otherwise, the requestor orders items.